CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO
BIODIESEL ACCESS TASK FORCE
NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING AND AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2008, 10:00 A.M.
CITY HALL, ROOM 278
ONE DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102
TASK FORCE MEMBERS: VOTING: Eric Bowen, Joe Burgard, Kevin Clark, Benjamin Jordan, Eric Smith and Michelle Swiggers; (1 Vacant). NON-VOTING: David Augustine (Treasurer/Tax Collector), Vandana Bali (Department of the Environment), Richard Berman (Port), Sarah Dennis (Planning Department), Mike Ferry (Fire Department), Laurence Kornfield (DBI), Vacant (MOCD), Marty Mellera (MTA), Virginia St. Jean (DPH), Karri Ving (PUC).
ORDER OF BUSINESS
Public Comment will be taken before the Task Force takes action on any item
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Approval of the October 8, 2008 Biodiesel Access Task Force Special Meeting Draft Minutes. (Explanatory Document: October 8, 2008 Draft Minutes) (Discussion and Action).
3. Election of Task Force Vice-Chair. (Discussion and Action)
4. Status of Dogpatch Biofuels Plans submitted to City and County Offices. (Continued Discussion from the October 8, 2008 Meeting) (Discussion) Speaker: Member Swiggers
5. Proposal to Create a B20 Mandate in San Francisco. (Continued Discussion from the October 8, 2008 Meeting) (Discussion)
6. Master Fuel Contract. Recommendation to the Office of Contract Administration that the City adopts a definition for fuel sustainability and includes sustainable fuel sources in their Master Fuel Contract. (Continued Discussion from the October 8, 2008 Meeting) (Discussion)
7. Update on the Status of the Biodiesel Manufacturing Plant in San Francisco. (Continued Discussion from the October 8, 2008 Meeting) SPEAKER: Mr. Eric Smith
8. Status Report on Discussions with Gas Stations on the Prospect of Selling Biodiesel to Individual Consumers and Green Depot Program Report. (Continued Discussion from the October 8. 2008 Meeting) (Informational Report and Discussion) SPEAKERS: Members Bowen and Smith
9. Hazardous Material Classification of Biodiesel. (Continued from the October 8, 2008 Meeting) (Discussion) SPEAKER: Member St. Jean
10. Update on the Biofuel Recycling Waste Cooking Oil Program. (Continued from the October 8, 2008 Meeting) (Informational Report and Discussion) SPEAKERS: Members Jordan and Ving
11. New Business/Future Agenda Items. (Information and Discussion)
12. Public Comments: Members of the public may address the Task Force on matters that are within the Task Force’s jurisdiction and are not on today’s agenda.
** Copies of explanatory documents are available at (1) the Task Force office, 11 Grove Street, San Francisco, California between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., (2) upon request to the Task Force Secretary, at telephone number 415-355-3709 or via e-mail at [email protected], or (3) on the meeting website as attachments to the agendas or meeting minutes.
If any materials related to an item on this agenda have been distributed to the Task Force after distribution of the agenda packet, those materials are available for public inspection at the Department of the Environment, 11 Grove Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 during normal office hours or will be made available at the meeting website as attachments with the agenda or meeting minutes.
At this time, members of the public may address the Task Force on items of interest that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Task Force but are not on today’s agenda. Public comment will be taken following each agendized item. Each member of the public may address the Task Force for up to three minutes, unless otherwise announced by the Chair. If it is demonstrated that the comments by the public will exceed 15 minutes, the Chair may continue Public Comment to another time during the meeting.
The Brown Act forbids the Task Force from taking action or discussing any item or issue not appearing on the posted agenda. This rule applies to issues raised in public comment as well. In response to public comment, not on an agendized item, the Task Force is limited to:
1. Briefly responding to statements made or questions posed by members of the public, or
2. Request staff to report back on a matter at a subsequent meeting, or
3. Directing staff to place the item or issue on a future agenda (Government Code Section 54954.2(a).)
The Task Force meetings will be held at City Hall, Room 278, One Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, in the Civic Center area. The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. The closest accessible BART station is the Civic Center Station at United Nations Plaza and Market Street. Accessible MUNI lines serving this location are: #71 Haight/Noriega and the F Line to Market and Van Ness and the Metro Stations at Van Ness and Market and at Civic Center. For information about MUNI accessible services call (415) 923-6142. There is accessible curbside parking adjacent to City Hall on Grove Street and Van Ness Avenue and in the vicinity of the Veterans Building at 401 Van Ness Avenue adjacent to Davies Hall and the War Memorial Complex.
The following services are available on request 48 hours prior to the meeting; except for Monday meetings, for which the deadline shall be 4:00 p.m. of the last business day of the preceding week: For American sign language interpreters or the use of a reader during a meeting, a sound enhancement system, and/or alternative formats of the agenda and minutes, please contact Monica Fish at (415) 355-3709 to make arrangements for the accommodation. Late requests will be honored, if possible.
In order to assist the City's efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City accommodate these individuals. Individuals with chemical sensitivity or related disabilities should call the Mayor’s Office on Disability at (415) 554-6789 or (415) 554-6799 (TTY) for additional information.
Know your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance
(Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code)
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils, and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’s review. For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact the Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, Frank Darby, Jr. Sunshine Task Force Administrator, City Hall, Room 409, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco, CA 94102-4683 at Phone No.: (415) 554-7724; Fax No.: (415) 554-7854; E-mail: [email protected]. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library and on the City’s website at www.sfgov.org.
Lobbyist Registration and Reporting Requirements
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Governmental Conduct Code §2.100, et. seq] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at: 25 Van Ness Avenue, Second Floor, San Francisco, CA 94102; telephone (415) 252-3100, fax (415) 252-3112; web site at www.sfgov.org/ethics.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices. NOTE: Persons unable to attend the meeting may submit to the Task Force, by the time the proceedings begin, written comments regarding the agenda items above. These comments will be made a part of the official public record and shall be brought to the attention of the Task Force members. Any written comments should be sent to: Task Force Secretary, 11 Grove Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 or by email [email protected] by 5:00 p.m. on the day prior to the hearing. Comments that cannot be delivered to the Task Force Secretary by that time may be taken directly to the hearing at the location above. When bringing handouts to meetings, please photocopy on both sides of the paper and try to use post-consumer recycled or tree-free paper. Also, please bring sufficient copies of handouts for the Task Force, the Task Force Secretary and the public.
*Posted: December 1, 2008
Biodiesel Access Task Force > 2008 Meetings >