CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO
COMMISSION ON THE ENVIRONMENT
DIRECTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE
SPECIAL MEETING DRAFT MINUTES
THURSDAY, MARCH 11, 2010, 7:30 A.M.
DEPARTMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT ECO CENTER,
11 GROVE STREET
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: Acting Director David Assmann, Commissioners Matt Tuchow and Johanna Wald
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order and Roll Call. The Director Search Committee meeting convened at 7:30 a.m. Present: Acting Director Assmann, Commissioners Tuchow and Wald. Commission Secretary Monica Fish was in attendance.
2. Approval of Draft Minutes from the prior Department Director Search Committee Meeting. (Discussion and Action) Upon Motion by Commissioner Wald and second by Commissioner Tuchow, the March 3 and 5, 2010 Draft Meeting Minutes were approved without objection (AYES: Acting Director Assmann, Commissioners Wald and Tuchow).
3. Public Comments: Members of the public may address the Committee on matters that are within the Committee’s jurisdiction and are not on today’s agenda. There was no public present at this time.
4. CLOSED SESSION – REVIEW OF DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR JOB APPLICATIONS and/or CONDUCT INTERVIEWS. Committee members may vote to make recommendations of candidates to the Commission on the Environment. (Discussion and Possible Action).
a. Public comment on all matters pertaining to the closed session. There was no public present at this time.
b. Vote on whether to hold closed session to review Department Director job applications and/or conduct interviews. (Cal. Govt. Code § 54957; SF Admin. Code § 67.10(b).) [ACTION] Commissioner Wald motioned, second by Acting Director Assmann to hold closed session (AYES: Commissioners Wald and Tuchow, Acting Director Assmann). Open Session recessed at 7:32 a.m.
c. Possible closed session to review Department Director job-applications and/or conduct interviews. The Committee may vote to recommend candidates to the full Commission. (Cal. Govt. Code § 54957; SF Admin. Code § 67.10(b).) [DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION] Closed session convened at 7:40 a.m. and adjourned at 9:37 a.m.
d. Reconvene in open session: Open Session reconvened at 9:42 a.m.
1. Possible report on action taken in closed session and the vote thereon. (Cal. Govt. Code § 54957.1(a); SF Admin. Code § 67.12(b).) No action was taken in closed session.
2. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussions held in closed session. (Cal. Govt. Code § 54957.1(a); SF Admin. Code § 67.12(b).) [ACTION] Commissioner Wald motioned, second by Commissioner Tuchow, not to disclose discussions held in closed session (AYES: Commissioners Tuchow, Wald and Acting Director Assmann)
3. Public comment on all matters pertaining to the closed session. There was no public present at this time.
5. Develop Department Director Search Committee Schedule of Additional Meetings. (Discussion and Possible Action) The Commission Secretary would reschedule the April 19, 2010 meeting and coordinate another three meeting dates with Committee Members in addition to meeting dates already selected in April.
6. New Business/Future Agenda Items. (Discussion) There was no new business or additional future agenda items discussed at this time.
7. Public Comments: Members of the public may address the Committee on matters that are within the Committee’s jurisdiction and are not on today’s agenda. There was no public comment at this time.
8. Adjournment. The Director Search Committee meeting adjourned at 9:49 a.m.
Respectfully submitted by,
Monica Fish, Commission Secretary
TEL: (415) 355-3709; FAX: (415) 554-6393
** Copies of explanatory documents are available at (1) the Commission’s office, 11 Grove Street, San Francisco, California between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., (2) on the Director Search Committee website https://sites.google.com/a/sfenvironment.org/commission/director-search-committee with each set of minutes by meeting date, (3) upon request to the Commission Secretary, at telephone number 415-355-3709 or via e-mail at [email protected].
Approved: March 17, 2010
Director Search Committee > 2010 Meetings >