CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO
COMMISSION ON THE ENVIRONMENT
DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE
SPECIAL MEETING APPROVED MINUTES
FRIDAY, MARCH 26, 2010, 7:30 A.M.
DEPARTMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT ECO CENTER,
11 GROVE STREET
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: Acting Director David Assmann, Commissioners Matt Tuchow and Johanna Wald
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order and Roll Call. The March 25, 2010 Department Director Search Committee, 7:30 a.m. meeting had recessed to March 26, 2010 at 7:30 a.m. to continue closed session proceedings to review Department Director job applications. The March 26, 2010 meeting convened at 7:30 a.m. Present: Acting Director Assmann, Commissioners Tuchow and Wald. Commission Secretary Monica Fish was in attendance.
2. CLOSED SESSION – REVIEW OF DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR JOB APPLICATIONS and/or CONDUCT INTERVIEWS. Committee members may vote to make recommendations of candidates to the Commission on the Environment. (Discussion and Possible Action).
a. Public comment on all matters pertaining to the closed session. There was no public present at this time.
b. Vote on whether to hold closed session to review Department Director job applications and/or conduct interviews. (Cal. Govt. Code § 54957; SF Admin. Code § 67.10(b).) [ACTION] Commissioner Wald motioned, second by Commissioner Tuchow to hold closed session (AYES: Commissioners Wald and Tuchow, Acting Director Assmann).
c. Possible closed session to review Department Director job-applications and/or conduct interviews. The Committee may vote to recommend candidates to the full Commission. (Cal. Govt. Code § 54957; SF Admin. Code § 67.10(b).) [DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION] Open Session recessed at 7:31 a.m. to go into closed session to review Department Director job applications. Closed session convened at 7:37 a.m. No action was taken.
d. Reconvene in open session: Open Session reconvened at 9:28 a.m.
1. Possible report on action taken in closed session and the vote thereon. (Cal. Govt. Code § 54957.1(a); SF Admin. Code § 67.12(b).) No action was taken.
2. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussions held in closed session. (Cal. Govt. Code § 54957.1(a); SF Admin. Code § 67.12(b).) [ACTION] Commissioner Tuchow motioned, second by Commissioner Wald not to disclose discussions held in closed session (AYES: Commissioners Tuchow, Wald and Acting Director Assmann).
3. Public comment on all matters pertaining to the closed session. There was no public present at this time.
2. Adjournment. The Director Search Committee meeting recessed at 9:29 a.m. The next Director Search Committee Meeting is scheduled on March 30, 2010 at 7:30 a.m.
Respectfully submitted by,
Monica Fish, Commission Secretary
TEL: (415) 355-3709; FAX: (415) 554-6393
**Copies of explanatory documents are available at (1) the Commission’s office, 11 Grove Street, San Francisco, California between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., (2) on the Director Search Committee website https://sites.google.com/a/sfenvironment.org/commission/director-search-committee with each set of minutes by meeting date, (3) upon request to the Commission Secretary, at telephone number 415-355-3709 or via e-mail at [email protected].
Approved: March 30, 2010
Director Search Committee > 2010 Meetings >