CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO
COMMISSION ON THE ENVIRONMENT
SPECIAL MEETING APPROVED MINUTES
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: Acting Director David Assmann, Commissioners Matt Tuchow and Johanna Wald
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order and Roll Call. The Director Search Committee meeting convened at 7:32 a.m. Present: Acting Director Assmann; Commissioners Tuchow and Wald. Commission Secretary Monica Fish was in attendance.
2. Approval of Draft Minutes from the prior Department Director Search Committee Meeting. (Explanatory Document: April 19, 2010 Draft Minutes) (Discussion and Action) Upon Motion by Commissioner Wald and second by Commissioner Tuchow, the April 19, 2010 Draft Meeting Minutes were approved without objection (AYES: Commissioners Wald, Tuchow and Acting Director Assmann)
3. Public Comments: Members of the public may address the Committee on matters that are within the Committee’s jurisdiction and are not on today’s agenda. There was no public present at this time.
4. CLOSED SESSION – REVIEW OF DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR JOB APPLICATIONS and/or CONDUCT INTERVIEWS. Committee members may vote to make recommendations of candidates to the Commission on the Environment. (Discussion and Possible Action).
a. Public comment on all matters pertaining to the closed session. There was no public present at this time.
b. Vote on whether to hold closed session to review Department Director job applications and/or conduct interviews. (Cal. Govt. Code § 54957; SF Admin. Code § 67.10(b).) [ACTION] Commissioner Wald motioned, second by Acting Director Assmann to hold closed session (AYES: Acting Director Assmann, Commissioners Tuchow and Wald).
c. Possible closed session to review Department Director job-applications and/or conduct interviews. The Committee may vote to recommend candidates to the full Commission. (Cal. Govt. Code § 54957; SF Admin. Code § 67.10(b).) [DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION] Open Session recessed at 7:34 a.m. to go into closed session to hold interviews. Closed session convened at 7:40 a.m.
d. Reconvene in open session: Open Session reconvened at 9:35 a.m.
1. Possible report on action taken in closed session and the vote thereon. (Cal. Govt. Code § 54957.1(a); SF Admin. Code § 67.12(b).) No action was taken.
2. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussions held in closed session. (Cal. Govt. Code § 54957.1(a); SF Admin. Code § 67.12(b).) [ACTION] Commissioner Wald motioned, second by Commissioner Tuchow not to disclose discussions held in closed session (AYES: Commissioners Tuchow and Wald and Acting Director Assmann).
3. Public comment on all matters pertaining to the closed session. There was no public present at this time.
5. Develop Department Director Search Committee Schedule of Meetings. (Discussion and Possible Action) Ms. Fish announced that additional meetings were scheduled for April 23, 26 and May 3, 2010. Commissioner Wald announced that she would not be present for the May 3, 2010 meeting.
6. New Business/Future Agenda Items. (Discussion) Discussion of Commission on the Environment May 11th meeting closed session proceedings would be discussed at a future Director Search Committee meeting in closed session.
7. Public Comments: Members of the public may address the Committee on matters that are within the Committee’s jurisdiction and are not on today’s agenda. There was no public present at this time.
8. Adjournment. The Director Search Committee meeting adjourned at 9:41 a.m.
The next Director Search Committee Meeting is scheduled for April 21, 2010 at 7:30 a.m.
Respectfully submitted by,
Monica Fish, Commission Secretary
TEL: (415) 355-3709; FAX: (415) 554-6393
**Copies of explanatory documents are available at (1) the Commission’s office, 11 Grove Street, San Francisco, California between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., (2) on the Director Search Committee website https://sites.google.com/a/sfenvironment.org/commission/director-search-committee with each set of minutes by meeting date, (3) upon request to the Commission Secretary, at telephone number 415-355-3709 or via e-mail at Monica.Fish@sfgov.org.
*Approved: April 21, 2010