CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO
COMMISSION ON THE ENVIRONMENT
TUESDAY, MAY 11, 2010, 5:30 P.M.
CITY HALL, ROOM 416, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102
*The Tuesday, May 25, 2010 Commission on the Environment Meeting was RESCHEDULED to Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 5:30 p.m.
COMMISSION MEMBERS: Commissioners Matt Tuchow (President), Ruth Gravanis (Vice-President), Angelo King, Jane MarieFrancis Martin, Alan Mok, Paul Pelosi Jr., Johanna Wald
ORDER OF BUSINESS
Public comment will be taken before the Commission takes action on any item.
1. Call to Order and Roll Call. The Commission on the Environment meeting convened at 5:37 p.m. Present: Commission President Tuchow, Vice-President Gravanis, Commissioners King, Martin, Mok, Pelosi Jr. and Wald)
2. Public Comments: Members of the public may address the Commission on matters that are within the Commission’s jurisdiction and are not on today’s agenda. There was no public comment at this time.
Item 5 was heard before Item 3.
3. CLOSED SESSION – CONSIDER DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF DEPARTMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR. The Commission may vote to make recommendations of candidates to the Mayor. (Discussion and Possible Action).
a. Public comment on all matters pertaining to the closed session. There was no public comment at this time.
b. Vote on whether to hold closed session. (Cal. Govt. Code §54957; SF Admin. Code §67.10(b).) [ACTION] Upon Motion by Vice-President Gravanis, second by Commissioner Mok, the Commission voted to hold closed session (AYES: Commissioners Tuchow, Gravanis, King, Martin, Mok, Pelosi Jr. and Wald).
c. Possible closed session to consider Department Director Search Committee recommendations. The Commission may vote to recommend candidates to the Mayor. (Cal. Govt. Code § 54957; SF Admin. Code §67.10(b).) [DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION] Closed session convened at 5:48 p.m.
d. Reconvene in open session: Open session reconvened at 6:45 p.m.
1. Possible report on action taken in closed session and the vote thereon. (Cal. Govt. Code §54957.1(a); SF Admin. Code §67.12(b).) There was no report made on action taken in closed session and the vote thereon.
2. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussions held in closed session. (Cal. Govt. Code §54957.1(a); SF Admin. Code §67.12(b).) [ACTION] Commissioner Wald motioned, second by Vice-President Gravanis not to disclose discussions held in closed session (AYES: Commissioners Tuchow, Gravanis, King, Martin, Mok, Pelosi Jr. and Wald).
3. Public comment on all matters pertaining to the closed session. There were no members of the public present at this time.
4. New Business/Future Agenda Items. (Discussion) Vice-President Gravanis commended the Director Search Committee members Acting Director David Assmann, Commission President Matt Tuchow and Commissioner Johanna Wald for the time and effort they devoted to the Director search-process. Commissioners concurred. Commission Secretary Monica Fish and Acting Commission Secretary Rachel Buerkle were also commended for their effort.
5. Approval of Resolution File No. 2010-07-COE commending Commissioner Paul Pelosi Jr. for his Service to the Commission on the Environment) (Explanatory Document: Draft and Approved Resolution File No. 2010-07-COE) (Discussion and Action) Commission President Matt Tuchow read the Resolution commending Commissioner Paul Pelosi Jr. for his service to the Commission on the Environment. He commended Commissioner Paul Pelosi Jr. for the many successes achieved by the Department of the Environment during his leadership and membership for the past seven years and thanked him for his dedicated work on behalf of the Department and the Commission. Upon Motion by Vice-President Gravanis, second by Commissioner Wald, Resolution File No. 2010-07-COE was approved without objection (AYES: Commissioners Tuchow, Gravanis, King, Martin, Mok, Pelosi Jr. and Wald).
6. Adjournment. The Commission on the Environment meeting adjourned at 6:52 p.m.
** Copies of explanatory documents are available at (1) the Commission’s office, 11 Grove Street, San Francisco, California between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., (2) on the Commission’s meeting website at https://sites.google.com/a/sfenvironment.org/commission/environment-commission included with minutes by meeting date; (3) upon request to the Commission Secretary, at telephone number 415-355-3709, or via e-mail at [email protected].
Respectfully submitted by,
Monica Fish, Commission Secretary
TEL: (415) 355-3709
FAX: (415) 554-6393
Approved: July 27, 2010
Environment Commission > 2010 Meetings >