A quorum of appointed task force members was present at the meeting.
In addition, there were City Department attendees from DPW/BOA, City Planning, SFPUC Power Enterprise, Friends of SFPL, SFRA, California Academy of Sciences, SF Arts Commission, SFDPH, SF Port and SF Environment. Other attendees represented: GB Engineers, Rebuild Consulting, URS/Simon JV, Gensler, Literacy for Environmental Justice, and Kwan Henmi.
1. Minutes: Task Force Meeting Minutes of October 14, 2009 were approved as written. The November and December 2009 meetings were cancelled.
2. Announcements: Mark Palmer distributed the San Francisco Municipal Green Building Announcements for January 13, 2010.
3. Presentation: Cole Roberts and Engin Ayaz of Arup presented ARUP’s protocol for energy design leading to zero energy buildings in order of priority:
· build less, build smaller
· build near transit
· reduce energy loads
· employ passive energy strategies
· employ heat recovery
· add renewable energy systems
· purchase offsets
4. Policy Development: None
5. Old Business: None
6. New Business: None
7. Public Comment: None