Resource-Efficient Building Task Force MEETING
Minutes June 9, 2010
A quorum of appointed task force members was present at the meeting.
In addition, there were City Department attendees from SFDPH, Real Estate, City Planning, Capital Planning and SFE.
1. Minutes: Task Force Meeting Minutes of May 12, 2010 were approved as written.
2. Announcements: MP distributed the San Francisco Municipal Green Building Announcements for June 9, 2010.
3. Policy Development: The Task Force reviewed the proposed C&D (construction and demolition materials management) section of the Chapter 7 amendment. Discussion centered on the elimination of a minimum threshold for projects to comply (all municipal projects must comply regardless of size—same requirement is in place for private sector projects). Next meeting will include IEQ (Indoor Environmental Quality) section of the amendment, and further discussion on CalGreen, the new state green building code.
4. Presentation: Kai Mak from Lucid Design Group presented the Building Dashboard Network that enables information feedback for changing the way people think about resource use in buildings. Kai can be reached at (510) 907-0400 x14 and [email protected]
5. Old Business: DD inquired about a timeline for Chapter 7 amendment. RL stated that there will be 8 new or renovated branch libraries starting up this year and into next year, and noted the importance of building commissioning with regard to the warranty period, contractor callbacks and quality control.
6. New Business: None.
7. Public Comment: None.