City and County of San Francisco
Urban Forestry Council
Special Meeting Notice and Agenda
Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 4:15 P.M.
City Hall, Room 421
One Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place,
San Francisco, CA 94102
Committee Members: Carla Short (Chair), Naomi LeBeau, Terry Milne, AnMarie Rodgers, Bonnie Ora Sherk.
Public comment will be taken before the Council takes action on any item.
1. Call to Order and Roll Call.
2. Public Comment: Members of the public may address the Committee on matters that are within the Committee’s jurisdiction and are not on today’s agenda.
3. Review and amendment of the San Francisco Street Tree Recommendations List for recommendation to the Urban Forestry Council. (Continued from the August 20, 2009 Meeting) Sponsor: Member LeBeau (Explanatory Document: San Francisco Street Tree Recommendations List) (Discussion and Possible Action)
4. Urban Forestry Council Strategic Planning. The Committee will review the Council's opportunities, constraints, strategies, direction, and assess Council strengths/weaknesses. Committee will also discuss current resource needs and may make strategic planning suggestions to the full Council. (Continued from the August 20, 2009 Meeting) Sponsor: Member Sherk (Discussion and Possible Action)
5. How to address Pine Pitch and Sooty Canker in San Francisco. Sponsor: Chair Short (Discussion)
6. Greening of Lots where Development is on Hold. Sponsor: Chair Short (Discussion)
7. New Business/Future Agenda Items. (Discussion).
8. Public Comment: Members of the public may address the Committee on matters that are within the Committee’s jurisdiction and are not on today’s agenda.
At this time, members of the public may address the Committee on items of interest that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Committee but are not on today’s agenda. Public comment will be taken following each agendized item. Each member of the public may address the Committee for up to three minutes, unless otherwise announced by the Chair. If it is demonstrated that the comments by the public will exceed 15 minutes, the Chair may continue Public Comment to another time during the meeting.
The Brown Act forbids the Committee from taking action or discussing any item or issue not appearing on the posted agenda. This rule applies to issues raised in public comment as well. In response to public comment, not on an agendized item, the Committee is limited to:
1. Briefly responding to statements made or questions posed by members of the public, or
2. Request staff to report back on a matter at a subsequent meeting, or
3. Directing staff to place the item or issue on a future agenda (Government Code Section 54954.2(a).)
The Urban Forestry Council Planning and Funding Committee meetings will be held at City Hall, Room 421, One Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco, CA. City Hall meeting rooms are wheelchair accessible. The closest accessible BART station is the Civic Center Station at United Nations Plaza and Market Street. Accessible MUNI lines serving this location are: #42 Downtown Loop, and #71 Haight/Noriega and the F Line to Market and Van Ness and the Metro Stations at Van Ness and Market and at Civic Center. For information about MUNI accessible services call (415) 923-6142. There is accessible curbside parking adjacent to City Hall on Grove Street and Van Ness Avenue and in the vicinity of the Veterans Building at 401 Van Ness Avenue adjacent to Davies Hall and the War Memorial Complex.
The following services are available on request 48 hours prior to the meeting; except for Monday meetings, for which the deadline shall be 4:00 p.m. of the last business day of the preceding week: For American sign language interpreters or the use of a reader during a meeting, a sound enhancement system, and/or alternative formats of the agenda and minutes, please contact Monica Fish at (415) 355-3709 to make arrangements for the accommodation. Late requests will be honored, if possible.
In order to assist the City's efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City accommodate these individuals. Individuals with chemical sensitivity or related disabilities should call the Mayor’s Office on Disability at (415) 554-6789 or (415) 554-6799 (TTY) for additional information.
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils, and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’s review. For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact the Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, Frank Darby, Jr., Sunshine Task Force Administrator, City Hall, Room 409, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco, CA 94102-4683 at Phone No.: (415) 554-7724; Fax No.: (415) 554-7854; E-mail: [email protected]. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library and on the City’s website at www.sfgov.org.
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Governmental Conduct Code §2.100, et. seq] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at: 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102; telephone (415) 252-3100, fax (415) 252-3112; web site at www.sfgov.org/ethics.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
Copies of explanatory documents are available to the public at the Department of Environment, 11 Grove Street, San Francisco, California between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., by clicking on the links by each agenda item above, upon request to the Council Secretary at the above address, telephone number 415-355-3709, via e-mail at [email protected], or at the Planning and Funding Committee’s meeting agenda and minutes website. If any materials related to an item on this agenda have been distributed to the Planning and Funding Committee after distribution of the agenda packet, those materials are available for public inspection at the Department of the Environment, 11 Grove Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 during normal office hours or will be made available at the meeting website as attachments to the agenda or meeting minutes.
When bringing handouts to meetings, please photocopy on both sides of the paper and try to use post-consumer recycled or tree-free paper. Also, please bring sufficient copies of handouts for both the Commission and the public.
Monica Fish, Council Secretary
Phone: (415) 355-3709 Fax: (415) 554-6393
Posted: August 25, 2009